The NASW NH Chapter has a new member’s only section on our website which is devoted to Supervision, both for those who want to find a supervisor and for those who wish to provide supervision. The supervisor list will not be an endorsement by NASW of any supervisor, but is provided as a member service. Supervisors who are added to the list have self-reported that they:
- Have held a license in good standing with the Board of Mental Health Practice for 3 years,
- Have completed a graduate level course in supervision or have taken 12 CEU’s in social work supervision as outlined in section 402.02 (b) of the NH BMHP Rules,
- Will complete 3 CEU’s in supervision over their next licensing period,
- Have completed two free courses from NASW (http://www.naswwebed.org/)
- Understanding the NASW Code of Ethics and
- An Advanced Course in Ethics and Malpractice Risk for Social Workers,
- Have liability insurance and commit to comply with the NASW Code of Ethics, and;
- Agree to notify the chapter if there are any adverse rulings by the Board of Mental Health Practice.
The process for having your name added to the list is straightforward. Supervisor Agreement posted on the website, complete it, have it notarized, and mail it in to the NH NASW office. The form will be reviewed for completion and your name will be added to the list if you can attest that you have met requirements and will comply with the items that are outlined. The Supervisor Committee, a working group formed to create this process, will review applications and contact you if further information is needed. Your name will then be added to the list and made available to those members seeking supervision.
The web site is still being tested, however, are hopeful that within 30 days, we can begin adding names to the list. In order to do this, I’m asking all members to go to the website and sign in with the instructions that are on the page ( http://www.nhnasw.org/social-work-resources/supervisors/ ). Once you have signed in with the generic sign on and password, click on your name in the upper right corner of the page, edit your information, put in your current email address and create a new password. Please send an email with your phone number to the NASW office if you are unable to sign in and someone will be in touch with you. Thanks so much for helping to launch this new initiative.
Supervisor Committee Members are Sheila Renaud Finnegan, Alexander Barbehenn, Jill Johnson Bardsley, Nancy Davis, Marci Morris, and Bernie Seifert.